We all have a certain amount of natural oils in our skin that keeps us moisturized and plumped, and the skin type is determined by how much oil the skin produces.
A persistently shiny or greasy appearance determines oily skin. In addition, untreated pores can become clogged or enlarged, leading to other common skin related problems like blackheads and acne.
Signs You Have An Oily Skin Type:
- The makeup keeps sliding off and does not stay for long.
- If you are not using face wash especially made for oily skin, your face will appear shiny and greasy later in the day.
- The oiler areas of the face, i.e. the T-section of the face, will usually suffer from blackheads, pimples or other types of acne.
- The visibly enlarged pores will appear on the chin, nose and forehead.
Ingredient ideal for oily skin facewash:
- The face wash especially curated for oily skin needs to be non-comedogenic with ingredients such as benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid and sulfur because:
- They clear dead skin cells from the skin’s surface and keep pores at bay.
- They prevent bacterial accumulation and further breakouts.
- They control the sebum production in the skin by shrinking the pores.
Some Common Myths Associated With Oily Skin Type:
You won’t get pimples by drinking a lot of water:
Drinking tons of water can hydrate you, but it cannot directly get absorbed by your skin. The water is absorbed in the bloodstream and is filtered by the kidneys. If you want to keep your skin hydrated, then:
-use a humidifier
-use a gentle curated facewash for oily skin
-use a moisturizer that keeps the moisture locked in the skin
-follow a good skincare
You can wash your face with any face wash:
Every face wash has different active ingredients which are suitable for different skin types. A face wash for oily skin will generally be non-comedogenic with ingredients like salicylic acid or other ingredients that can gently remove the excess oils. A face wash for dry skin will have ingredients like hyaluronic acid, ceramides, and natural oils like avocado and jojoba. Both the groups of ingredients are made for different purposes.
Exfoliating your skin helps:
You know your skin is the largest organ in your body, and so it knows how to care for it on its own. The skin sheds the superficial keratinocytes (dead skin cells) at least once a month. So it’s a waste to go for exfoliators, undergo peels, facials, or dermabrasion for exfoliation.
All organic is good organic:
Organic products contain unregulated ingredients, botanicals, and essential oils that can lead to significant allergies to some people. So considering that organic products are safer might not hold in many cases.
The best skincare products in Dubai contain Active Ingredients like Salicylic Acid,
Dipotassium, Glycyrrhizinate Moisturizing Ingredients like Sodium Hyaluronate Glycyrrhiza Flavonoid, Wild Rose Extract to maintain the ph of the skin.
Oily skin can drive anyone crazy, but people with more moisture tend to have more younger looking and wrinkle-free skin. Change your face wash according to your skin type and combine it with good toner and moisturizer to see the visible effects within some time.