Is your Apple iPad Air 2 Stuck at the Lock screen and shows the iPad is disabled after you entered the wrong password multiple times? Or Do you want to sell your iPad and want to know how to factory reset your iPad Air 2 and erase all data? You will learn how to do all these and the difference in this tutorial.
iPad Name : iPad Air 2
When Your iPad Air 2 doesn’t turn on or is it stuck during boot, then we can do a soft reset or Factory reset.
Force Restart or Hard Reset or Force Reboot all refer to hard reset procedure. This doesn’t erase your data on your iPad Air 2.
But doing a factory reset of iPad Air 2 is different and needs iTunes connection and will erase all your data.
Then this tutorial shows you all the methods to Reset your iPad Air 2.
How To Hard Reset iPad Air 2
A hard reset or force restart on iPad Air 2 will restart your device and refresh the software. You can do this when your iPad is stuck or hanging all the time.
Hard Reset iPad Air 2 Using Hardware Buttons
- Doing this hard reset method won’t delete your data on your iPad Air 2.
- To do a hard reset or force restart on iPad Air 2 press the Sleep/Power button + Home Button at the same time and hold it for about 10 seconds.
- Release them when you see the Apple logo on your iPad Air 2.
- Now your iPad Air 2 will restart and the hard reboot will be done.
- After your iPad restarts and you can start using it again normally.
How To Factory Reset iPad Air 2
A factory reset on iPad Air 2 will restore your iPad to the factory settings and It will erase all the installed apps and all your data including your photos. So be sure that you back up the data you wanted.
Also, make sure you have your Apple id and password if you have your iPad Air 2 linked to an apple id because it will show Activation lock once the factory reset is done. Or you can remove the apple id on your iPad before doing the factory reset using the tutorial below.
- Download the iTunes software on your PC or Mac and launch it.
- Plug your iPad Air 2 with the PC or Mac using the lightning to USB cable and open the iTunes software. It will now be detected on the iTunes software.
- Click continue on iTunes and Trust option that will popup on your iPad and enter your passcode.
- Click backup to take a backup of your iPad Air 2. Enter the backup passcode and click on remember passcode in the keychain.
- After you have done the backup, disable the “Find my iPad” settings on the iCloud options in the settings app.
- Now open the Settings app and go to General and scroll down and click on the Reset option.
- Now choose the “Erase all content and Settings” option. Choose between “Backup and erase” or just “Erase option”.
- Now enter your iPad passcode again to confirm the factory reset.
- Now all the data will be erased and it will show the setup screen once again.
Do Factory reset when iPad is Disabled or forgot password
- If your iPad Air 2 is disabled after entering the wrong password. Shutdown your iPad and connect to your computer and iTunes. Press the home and power button for 10 seconds. Release the power button when you see the Apple logo and keep pressing the home button.
- Now, leave the home button once you see the iTunes Icon along with lightning cable or when you see the Popup on the iTunes software.
- Now your iPad Air 2 is in recovery mode or DFU mode.
- When you click on restore it will restore the iPadOS software or backup you already have. It will also download and update to the latest iPadOS when you don’t have the latest software. Or iTunes will only restore your iPad Air 2 when you already have the latest iPadOS release on your iPad.
- Now the restore will be done and all your data on your iPad will be erased.
- Now if you forgot to remove the apple id you will be shown activation lock on the iTunes software. Enter your Apple id and password to unlock your iPad Air 2.
- Your iPad will be reset and you will be shown the new iPad setup process once again.
How to hard reset iPad Air 2 to factory settings?
To restore your iPad Air 2 to factory settings and erase all your data connect to iTunes and follow the hard reset procedure.
How to do a Factory Reset on iPad Air 2?
To do a factory reset on your iPad Air 2 you need to connect to iTunes and follow the factory reset procedure to restore your device with the latest iPadOS software. This will erase all your data.
How to reset iPad Air 2 without a password?
Resetting an iPad Air 2 without a password involves the use of iTunes in your synced computer.
How to factory reset iPad Air 2 without Home Button?
You can factory reset an iPad Air 2 without a home button by going to Settings > General > Reset option. And click on erase all content and reset. Your content will be erased and it will be reset to its original settings.
When to do a Hard Reset on iPad Air 2?
When your iPad Air 2 no longer starts or when it is stuck and cannot be used, a hard reset or factory reset can be done to restore the phone to its original software settings.
iPad Air 2 Specifications
Your iPad Air 2 has Apple A8X (20 nm) processor with PowerVR GXA6850 (octa-core graphics) and 2GB RAM. Your phone supports iOS 8.1, upgradable to iPadOS 13.4.1 Operating System.
I hope this article was helpful in doing a hard reset or a factory reset on your Apple iPad Air 2.
If you face any issues with resetting your iPad do comment below we will help you out.
Also, don’t forget to share our article on social media if you found it helpful.